As a travel agent specializing in Disney Destinations, I have noticed a significant increase in the number of travellers with food allergies and restrictions. I am the most comfortable suggesting Disney owned and run restaurants to my guests. I always reassure them that there will be quite a bit of food to choose from at the table and counter service restaurants on property that accommodate special dietary needs. In fact, there are over 100 locations to choose from at the Walt Disney Resort in Florida.
Disney also allows guests with food allergies or intolerances to bring food into the theme parks and dining locations. Kosher meals are also offered at select table-service restaurants by calling 407-WDW-DINE 48 hours in advance.
I tell my guests, the best thing is to do is book your dining before you leave (dining reservations are available 180 days in advance) so that dietary requests can be noted on your reservation. Once you arrive at your dining location, the chef will talk you through the menu or buffet items and suggest the best options for you. They will also substitute different ingredients for delicious alternatives. This option is included for all table service dining at the Walt Disney World Resort including restaurants where you can dine in the company of the Cinderella and Goofy!
Special dietary requests can be made by emailing Disney at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 407.824.5967. (14 days prior to arrival)
If you are a real Disney fan and want to know more about the culinary offerings that accommodate special diets at the Walt Disney Resort, there is a special event focussing on allergies and Celiac disease. The first ever Food Allergy and Celiac Convention is scheduled for November 22nd, 2014 at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.
The day includes:
- An Expo featuring vendors from across the globe for interaction, sampling, and sales
- Extra Magic events, including a (nondairy) ice cream buffet with gluten-free, allergy-friendly toppings
- Food created especially for the event by Disney’s Catered events
- Demos and speaker sessions from members of the Disney culinary team
- A keynote speaker session by Disney’s Culinary Dietary Specialist, Gary Jones
- A Kids Corner, hosted by Schar, leaders in the food allergy industry
Contact email@example.com for information on booking a stay at the Coronado Springs Resort.